Sunday, November 1, 2020

Noisevember Returns

"We need to know who we are, who we once were, and who we will always want to be (as my uncle Lenard George always says)." This is from My Conversations with Canadians by Lee Maracle. 

I decided to resurrect Noisevember 10 Years Later, but hadn't yet written a post to introduce the project when I read this last night and it resonated with me. Who am I now? I'm not sure. Who was I once? I was an audio producer and I loved radio and sound. Who will I always want to be? I want to always stay connected to audio - to recording, editing, mixing, imagining, creating. 

This is a start to finding my way back there. 

The first sound I ever recorded was the radio. It was probably a song from LG73, maybe from the weekly countdown. Possibly Starship "We Built this City". Yesterday morning I caught the "90s Brunch" on CFOX. It was the perfect combination of love and nostalgia coming together encouraging me to record - the radio and the music that had the biggest influence on me. Our Lady Peace, U2, Oasis all in one hour! 

Third Eye Blind, "How's it Gonna Be" made the tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

December 8 Office day Aaron picked me up from work and we went for a walk along the Fraser Foreshore Trail. We walked alongside the Fraser R...