Thursday, November 19, 2020

Noisevember 18 

 
Trust me, this sound was recorded on November 18 despite what the internet date stamp says. It was an office day and I spent most of the last hour of work scanning historical photographs. They were photos from 1935 of the Great Fraser Valley Ice Storm. The amount of snow in Chilliwack forced electrical lines to fall to the ground causing wide-spread power outages. The photos also capture ice frozen to electrical wires. 
 
Just this week 130,000 customers lost power on Vancouver Island and the South Coast due to a wind storm. Eighty-five years later and still, we'll never be stronger than nature.
 
This recording of the scanning machine hard at work was taken at 3:57 pm, I'm off at 4:00!
 
(Edited for time. Your time, I had to sit through the three minutes of scanning).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

December 8 Office day Aaron picked me up from work and we went for a walk along the Fraser Foreshore Trail. We walked alongside the Fraser R...